Who We Are
Hult Center for Healthy Living’s oncology support programs and services offer a variety of wellness services to empower anyone at any stage of their cancer journey and improve their quality of life.
What We Do
We understand during the journey that those with cancer may experience unpleasant side effects and face treatment regimens which can be challenging emotionally, mentally, and physically. Our support programs and services seek to help alleviate these by offering support and complementary care. We offer a range of low cost and no cost services for individuals with a cancer diagnosis, cancer survivors, and caregivers. No cost services include individual and family counseling, support groups, individual and group nutrition counseling, healthy cooking demonstrations, healthy living workshops and seminars, and healthy living and exercise classes. Massage therapy is offered at a low cost of $35 for those in treatment, and $45 for survivors and caregivers. To inquire about our oncology support programs and services, call (309) 692-6650, or email email@example.com.
Who Provides The Services
Our team of dedicated professionals includes a Licensed Counselor, Registered Dietitians, Certified Massage Therapists, Certified Exercise Specialists, and volunteers who understand the importance healing the mind, body, and spirit as a compliment to medical treatment.
Oncology Nutrition Program
Hult Center for Healthy Living’s Oncology Nutrition Programs and Services offers dietetic services at no cost to patients in active treatment for cancer. These services are made possible thanks to funding from Illinois CancerCare, Heart of Illinois United Way, and our dedicated donors. Services are located inside Illinois CancerCare on Route 91 at 8940 N. Wood Sage Road in Peoria, Illinois, and at 11 satellite clinics throughout Illinois, including: Bloomington, Canton, Carthage, Eureka, Galesburg, Kewanee, Macomb, Ottowa, Pekin, and Peru. To inquire about these services, call Grace Hensold at (309) 243-3462 or email Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual nutrition consultations
- Group cooking demonstrations
Oncology Counseling Services
Hult Center for Healthy Living’s Oncology Counseling Services offers counseling services at no cost to patients in active treatment for cancer, survivors, and caregivers. These services are made possible thanks to funding from Illinois CancerCare and our donors. To inquire about these services, call Kitty Bienemann at (309) 243-3461 or email Kitty at email@example.com.
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Face-to-face Cancer Caregiver Support Group meets at Illinois CancerCare the first Tuesday of the month from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Face-to-face Blood Cancers Support Group meets at Hult Center for Healthy Living every Wednesday from 1:00 PM – 1:00 PM, All cancer types are welcome
- Face-to-face Gynecological Cancer Support Group meets at Peoria Cancer Center on Route 91 every Monday from 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Hult Center for Healthy Living’s Massage Therapy Program offers oncology massage at a low cost to patients in active treatment for cancer, survivors, and caregivers. To inquire about these services, call (309) 692-6650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-Treatment: $35.00 per hour
- Survivor: $45.00 per hour
- Caregiver: $45.00 per hour
Hult Center for Healthy Living’s Oncology Wellness Program offers wellness classes at a no cost to patients in active treatment for cancer, survivors, and caregivers. There is a $5 suggested drop-in fee for anyone else who would like to join. There is no need to RSVP for these classes. To inquire about these services, call (309) 692-6650 or email email@example.com.
- Breath of Joy Yoga with Marcy Bretsch: Mondays at 5:15 PM at Hult Center
- Mindfulness Meditation with Heather Delabre: Tuesdays at 5:15 PM at Hult Center
- Yoga with Jean Sloan: Wednesdays at 11:00 AM at Hult Center
- Restorative Yoga with Marcy Bretsch: Thursdays at 5:30 PM at Hult Center
- Living Strong with Beth Stauffer (Strength Training): Fridays at 9:00 AM at Methodist Wellness Center – Atrium Building – 900 Main St. Peoria, IL