Hult Center for Healthy Living is excited to host Empowering You: Health Education event for families and youth 8-18 years old at the Hult Center for Healthy Living on Saturday, October 5th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
This is a multifaceted event offering workshops for parents, activities for youth and sessions for the whole family. Below are some of the educational workshops and sessions planned:
- 4 parent workshops throughout the event including topics on:
- Nutrition – Healthy Eating, Active Living for your Family
- Substance Use – Vaping and E-cigarettes, and risks impacting youth
- Mental Health – How to start conversations about mental health with your family
- Sexual Health – Tips for talking to teens about sex and relationships.
- Interactive Wellness Session for the whole family include:
- Healthy Cooking Demonstration
- Mental Health Crafting Station
- Community Based Organizations sharing resources
- Methodist College’s Mobile Outreach Learning Laboratory for integrative Education
- Walgreens providing free flu shots for 18+
This event is free to attend, and no reservations are required. If you have questions regarding the event, please call 309-692-6650.