Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
¾ cup white or orange sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup finely chopped kale
½ cup finely shredded carrot
1/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
¼ cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 ½ teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon salt
- Cook sweet potato pieces in boiling water until very soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked sweet potato and remaining ingredients. Use your hands or a mixing spoon to mash sweet potato chunks and combine ingredients until they hold together.
- With damp hands, form the mixture into patties, about 4 inches in diameter and ¾-inch thick.
- Place patties on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip burgers and continue to bake until lightly browned on both sides, about 15 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately or allow cooked burgers to cool before placing in individual re-sealable plastic bags to freeze for up to 6 months.
Serving Size: 1 burger
Servings per Recipe: 4
Amount per serving:
Fat Calories: 60
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 200 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 26 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 5 g
Calcium: 76 mg