2 Current Openings:
CLINICAL DIETITIAN (JOB ID: 27913) FTE: 1.0, 40 hours/week
MARKETING & SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR (JOB ID: 27786) FTE: 0.8, 32 hours/week
To be considered, you MUST apply online by clicking here . Search for job ID and apply to job online.
Health Education Internship
Please note, we are now interviewing for fall 2017 interns. Spring 2018 interns will be interviewed in September & October 2017.
Position Summary: The intern for the Hult Center for Healthy Living (HCHL) is part of a dynamic team of professional health educators committed to motivating to provide youth in our community with comprehensive health education. Interns are responsible for observing, assisting the educational staff, and implementing engaging and interactive programs. Interns will also assist with new program development and evaluation and effectively communicate with educators, other staff members, and community members. Interns are to assist all departments at HCHL to be able to adequately understand how a non-for-profit health education organization functions.
- Assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs to impact attitudes, knowledge, and behaviors for improved health
- Demonstrate effective classroom management, communication, and presentation skills
- Maintains expertise and relevance in health content, educational best practice, and child development.
- Utilizes best practices when involved with students, teachers, and other adult audiences.
- Remains current on national, state and local educational trends and youth culture.
- Shares ideas to support that HCHL’s program content is educational, dynamic, challenging and scientifically accurate.
- Demonstrates competence and care for technologies and systems.
- Promotes a positive and professional image when representing HCHL.
- Contributes to and supports a culture of high performance, innovation, personal accountability, adaptability and leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Seeking a bachelor’s or master’s degree in health education, public health, education, and/or not for profit sector interest.
- Interested in obesity prevention, nutrition, mental health, sexuality education, and or drug use prevention preferred.
- Interested in public speaking and effective oral and written communication skills with a passion for youth education required.
- Has a keen attention to detail, troubleshooting and problem solving. Works well in a team. Must be self-sufficient and a self-starter, capable of working on tasks independently without consistent guidance and/or direction.
Please note that internships at the Hult Center are unpaid positions. Additionally, the Hult Center requires each intern to complete a criminal background check and drug screen before their start date. Interviews for fall 2017 will take place in the summer of 2017.
To apply for an internship:
- Complete the online application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/hultinternapplication
- Once you have completed the online application, please send your resume & cover letter to Holly Bill at email@example.com
Both items must be completed to be considered for an internship.