Hult Center for Healthy Living offers a variety of programs and trainings for parents and caregivers. To inquire about a program or training opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (309) 692-6650.
Hult Center for Healthy Living Parent/Caregiver Trainings Workshops
We offer a variety of workshops and trainings for parent/youth caregivers! Below are programs that we frequently offer, but we can customize workshops and trainings to fit your needs. If you are interested or need more information, please contact us email@example.com or 309-692-6650.
Healthy Minds, Healthy Neighborhoods
Launched in 2016, Healthy Minds, Healthy Neighborhoods is part of the Heart of Illinois United Way’s S3 Initiative. With more than 20 community partners, Healthy Minds, Healthy Neighborhoods provides neighborhood-based educational sessions addressing five key areas of social-emotional health for parents/caregivers of pre-kindergarten, elementary, and high school age youth.
- Self-regulation: The ability to manage my feelings, thoughts, and behaviors in my home, school, and community.
- Decision Making: The ability to make healthy and safe choices in my home, school, and community.
- Self-awareness: The ability to recognize my feelings and their influence on my behavior in my home, school, and community.
- Building Relationships: The ability to establish and maintain healthy and rewarding relationships in my home, school, and community.
- Social Awareness: The ability to get along with others in my home, school, and community.
Trainings are 2 hours and are completed at schools and community centers with groups of 10-25 individuals. Grant funding may be available to cover the cost of your group or school thanks to Heart of Illinois United Way, Community Foundation of Central Illinois, City of Peoria Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), UnityPoint Health Central Illinois, and our annual fundraiser, Whitney’s Walk for Life. Please call (309) 692-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) is a 2-hour evidence-based training that teaches individuals how to:
- Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- Get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
This training costs $150, which includes a 2-hour training, a QPR handbook, and a certificate of completion. Trainings are completed with groups of 10-25 individuals. Grant funding may be available to cover the cost of your group. Please call (309) 692-6650 or email@example.com to inquire.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
This is a program that is designed to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or who is in crisis.
- Common mental health challenges for youth
- Reviews typical adolescent development
- A five-step action plan for how to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations
Topics covered include:
- Substance use
- Disorders in which psychosis may occur
- Disruptive behavior disorders including (AD/HD)
- Eating disorders
This training costs $45 per person which includes, an 8-hour training, a training workbook, and a certificate of completion. Trainings are completed with groups of 10-25 individuals. Grant funding may be available to cover the cost of your group. Please call (309) 692-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Marijuana Resource Page:
Marijuana use is the hot new topic! Click the link to access our marijuana resources page: https://www.hulthealthy.org/marijuana-resources-page/
Sexual and Reproductive Health
Workshops to help parents, caregivers, and those who work with teens to be able to talk about sex & everything in between.
- When to have the conversation
- How to have the conversation
- Easy communication skills to talk to your teen about:
- Birth control
- Sexual orientation & gender identity
- Unhealthy relationships
- & more!
Can be altered to fit the needs of participants, and therefore price varies. Grant funding may be available to cover the cost of your group. Please call (309) 692-6650 or email@example.com to inquire.
- 2-1-1 http://211hoi.org/
- Center for Prevention of Abuse https://www.centerforpreventionofabuse.org/
- Central Illinois Friends, Inc. http://www.friendsofcentralillinois.org/
- Children’s Home https://www.chail.org/
- Good Beginnings https://www.chail.org/Caring-for-Children/Community/Good-Beginnings
- Heart of Illinois United Way https://www.hoiunitedway.org/
- UnityPlace – Addiction Recovery http://www.addictionrecov.org/
- Peoria Park District https://peoriaparks.org/
- American Association of Suicidology https://www.suicidology.org/
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention https://afsp.org/
- American Psychiatric Association https://www.psychiatry.org/
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/suicide/index.html
- Mental Health America http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/
- National Institute of Mental Health https://www.nimh.nih.gov/index.shtml
- National Alliance for Mentally Ill https://www.nami.org/
- Stop Bullying https://www.stopbullying.gov/
- Advocates for Youth https://advocatesforyouth.org/resources/health-information/are-you-an-askable-parent/
- Amaze https://amaze.org/
- American Sexual Health Association http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/
- Bedsider Birth Control Support Network https://www.bedsider.org/
- CyberWise https://www.cyberwise.org/
- Love is Respect https://www.loveisrespect.org/
- PFLAG https://pflag.org/
- Planned Parenthood https://www.plannedparenthood.org/
- Scarleteen https://www.scarleteen.com/
- Sex Ed Rescue https://sexedrescue.com/
- Sexuality Resource Center for Parents http://www.srcp.org/
- StayTeen https://stayteen.org/
- The Trevor Project https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
Physical Activity and Nutrition
- Action for Healthy Kids https://www.actionforhealthykids.org/
- Be Active Kids http://www.beactivekids.org/resources/organizations-and-programs/
- Choose MyPlate https://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Nutrition https://www.nutrition.gov/
- Shape America https://www.shapeamerica.org/events/parents.aspx
- Team Nutrition https://www.fns.usda.gov/tn