Empowering youth to take one an increased stake and more actively engaged role in their health care has shown to increase the utilization and access of preventative services/programs while also enhancing their long-term health and well-being. Hult Center for Healthy Living provides educational programming, transitional coaching, and trainings to empower adolescents to take charge of their health, while providing supportive services and training programs for parents/caregivers and health care professionals to garner competencies to ensure they are helping our youth along the way.
Health care professionals can implement programs and apply best practice methodology to develop adolescents into knowledgeable and engaged health care consumers. Additionally, health care professionals can improve the quality of their care by centering the values and opinions of the young people they serve. The following resources can help you along the way.
What This Program Offers!
Certified Peer Educator (CPE) Trainings
- CPE Training is an effective strategy for building a well-educated and sustainable peer education group.
- CPE Training lays the groundwork for PEER educators to develop leadership skills so that they may apply these knew found skills to successfully create and implement adolescent focused programs.
- The training includes eight modules, covering the role of peer education, helping peers make a behavior change, listening skills, response and referral skills, how to take action and intervene, recognizing the role of diversity and inclusivity, programming and presentation skills, self-care, and group dynamics.
Contact Hult if you are interested in becoming CPE certified or becoming a CPE Facilitator!
In-School Health Clinic (ISH)
- Hult Center provides oversight of 3 ISH Clinics that are integrated within schools, meeting the needs of community in a more direct/targeted approach.
- ISH Clinics offer a substantial number of comprehensive services and programs that have a primary purpose of enhancing the health and well-being of adolescents.
Adolescent Healthcare Transition Education
- During 8th & 9th grade, students will have the opportunity to receive ‘Healthcare Transition’ education in which they will be provided foundational knowledge and skills in building their health literacy and competency in navigating the healthcare landscape.
- The main goal of this program is to promote well-child visits, importance of establishing a Primary Care Provider (PCP), understanding basics of health insurance, knowledge of family & personal medical history, enhanced awareness of health behaviors, adoption of sustainable lifestyle habits, transitioning from pediatric to adult care, and independence in being a healthcare consumer.
Contact Hult if you are interested in receiving this form of education for your school or have any questions.
Adolescent Transitional Care Coaching
- As part of the educational scope and sequence, students while in 11th and 12th grade will have the opportunity to participate one-on-one ‘Healthcare Transition’ coaching.
- Students will be paired with one of our Health Education Specialists to receive catered coaching that will ensure that they are well equipped to navigate the healthcare space, post high-school graduation.
- ‘Healthcare Transition’ coaching will utilize ISH Clinic resources as well as refer students through a robust network of community health entities based upon personal needs presented during coaching sessions.
Grant funding & coaching spots are limited, so contact Hult soon if you are interested.
Provider and Medical Resident(s) Training Opportunities
- Hult offers a myriad of training opportunities for clinical professionals on various subjects related to enhancing adolescent health.
- Training opportunities will revolve around adolescent health topics such as mental/behavioral health, adverse childhood experiences (ACE’s), emotional well-being, as well as violence and injury prevention.
- Trainings like Safe Zone (creating safe, supportive, inclusive, and adolescent friendly environments) and FLASH (protocol for answering questions with objectivity) are also availab.
Additional Adolescent Health Information
E-Learning/Virtual Educational Programming
Looking for additional adolescent educational resources?
Hult Center’s team has created self-paced learning modules that will help adolescents gain a deeper understanding of their personal health, how to enhance and optimize their quality of life through the adoption of healthy behaviors, and how to navigate health care space independently.
Please reach out to our team to request access to the E-Learning Self-Paced Modules.
Healthcare Transition Playbook
WELL (Wellness Education and Lifestyle Learning) Program is a health coaching program for youth and adolescents.
Youth ages 8-17 years old who are overweight or referred by their doctor as being at-risk for developing type 2 diabetes.