Hult Center for Healthy Living offers a variety of programs and trainings for parents and caregivers. To inquire about a program or training opportunity, please email email@example.com, or call (309) 692-6650.
Hult Center for Healthy Living Workshops
We offer a variety of workshops and trainings for parent/youth caregivers! Below are programs that we frequently offer, but we can customize workshops and trainings to fit your needs. If you are interested or need more information, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-692-6650.
QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) is a 2-hour evidence-based training that teaches individuals how to:
- Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- Get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
This training costs $150, which includes a 2-hour training, a QPR handbook, and a certificate of completion. Trainings are completed with groups of 10-25 individuals. Grant funding may be available to cover the cost of your group. Please call (309) 692-6650 or email@example.com to inquire.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
This is a program that is designed to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or who is in crisis.
- Common mental health challenges for youth
- Reviews typical adolescent development
- A five-step action plan for how to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations
Topics covered include:
- Substance use
- Disorders in which psychosis may occur
- Disruptive behavior disorders including (AD/HD)
- Eating disorders
This training costs $45 per person which includes, an 8-hour training, a training workbook, and a certificate of completion. Trainings are completed with groups of 10-25 individuals. Grant funding may be available to cover the cost of your group. Please call (309) 692-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Marijuana Resource Page:
Marijuana use is the hot new topic! Click the link to access our marijuana resources page: https://www.hulthealthy.org/marijuana-resources-page/
Sexual and Reproductive Health
Workshops to help parents, caregivers, and those who work with teens to be able to talk about sex & everything in between.
- When to have the conversation
- How to have the conversation
- Easy communication skills to talk to your teen about:
- Birth control
- Sexual orientation & gender identity
- Unhealthy relationships
- & more!
Can be altered to fit the needs of participants, and therefore price varies. Grant funding may be available to cover the cost of your group. Please call (309) 692-6650 or email@example.com to inquire.
- 2-1-1 http://211hoi.org/
- Center for Prevention of Abuse https://www.centerforpreventionofabuse.org/
- Central Illinois Friends, Inc. http://www.friendsofcentralillinois.org/
- Children’s Home https://www.chail.org/
- Good Beginnings https://www.chail.org/Caring-for-Children/Community/Good-Beginnings
- Heart of Illinois United Way https://www.hoiunitedway.org/
- Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery http://www.addictionrecov.org/
- Peoria Park District https://peoriaparks.org/
- Illinois Department of Public Health http://www.dph.illinois.gov/
- KidsHealth https://kidshealth.org/
- American Association of Suicidology https://www.suicidology.org/
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention https://afsp.org/
- American Psychiatric Association https://www.psychiatry.org/
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/mentalhealth/
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/suicide/index.html
- Mental Health America http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/
- National Institute of Mental Health https://www.nimh.nih.gov/index.shtml
- National Alliance for Mentally Ill https://www.nami.org/
- Stop Bullying https://www.stopbullying.gov/
- Advocates for Youth https://advocatesforyouth.org/resources/health-information/are-you-an-askable-parent/
- Amaze https://amaze.org/
- American Sexual Health Association http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/
- Bedsider Birth Control Support Network https://www.bedsider.org/
- CyberWise https://www.cyberwise.org/
- Love is Respect https://www.loveisrespect.org/
- PFLAG https://pflag.org/
- Planned Parenthood https://www.plannedparenthood.org/
- Scarleteen https://www.scarleteen.com/
- Sex Ed Rescue https://sexedrescue.com/
- Sexuality Resource Center for Parents http://www.srcp.org/
- StayTeen https://stayteen.org/
- The Trevor Project https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
Physical Activity and Nutrition