Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
4 large eggs
1 cup egg substitute (or 12 egg whites)
2 cups baby spinach
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon oil
1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Vigorously whisk together eggs and egg substitute in medium bowl with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Sauté onions in oil until translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Use paper towel to spread oil into muffin tin cups or use cooking spray. Place spinach on the bottom of each tin and top with onions and cheese evenly between muffin tin cups.
- Pour egg mixture into cups until about ¾ full or evenly distributed between cups.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until firm and brown on top, but do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit in pan for 10 minutes. Using a butter knife, circle the outside edge of muffin tin and gently remove quiche.
|Serving Size: 1 mini quiche
Servings per Recipe: 12
|Amount per serving:
Fat Calories: 40
This recipe can be changed depending on your likes and dislikes and what is available. Add other vegetables such as green peppers, mushrooms, salsa, etc.